Asian Games 2023 Day 5 Highlights : On the fifth day of the Asian Games 2023, India displayed remarkable skill and unwavering determination, continuing to shine on the global stage. Here are the live updates from the day’s events:
- Advertisement -
- Shooting Glory: India commenced the day with a spectacular performance in shooting. Sarabjot Singh, Shiva Narwal, and Arjun Singh Cheema teamed up to secure the coveted 10m Air Pistol gold medal, demonstrating their precision and marksmanship.
- Wushu Silver: Roshibina Devi left her mark in the wushu final by earning a well-deserved silver medal in the 60kg category. Her outstanding performance contributed to India’s growing medal tally.
- Badminton Brilliance: India’s badminton trio, comprising PV Sindhu, Ashmita, and Anupama, advanced to the quarterfinals with a convincing 3-0 victory over Mongolia in the women’s team round of 16. Their on-court prowess was on full display.
- Medal Count: With these exceptional achievements, India’s medal tally now stands at 24, securing the fifth position in the overall medals tally.
- Golfing Excellence: In the women’s individual golf competition, Aditi Ashok delivered a remarkable performance, tying for second place after an impressive round of 67, finishing at -5 under par. Avani Prashanth and Pranavi Urs showcased their skills, landing in the T17 and T21 positions, respectively. The Indian women’s golf team as a whole achieved a score of 138, securing fifth place after the first round.
- Squash Setback: In a challenging match, Malaysia’s Subramanium Sivasangari defeated India’s Joshana Chinappa with a score of 0-3 (6-11, 2-11, 8-11) in the opening round of the Pool B match.
- Table Tennis Triumph: Manika Batra demonstrated her table tennis prowess by securing a dominant 4-0 victory (11-5, 11-4, 11-3, 11-2) over Nabita Shrestha of Nepal, earning her a spot in the round of 16.
- Swimming Success: India’s men’s swimming quartet, composed of Tanish George, Vishal Grewal, Anand Anilkumar Shylaja, and Srihari Nataraj, delivered a strong performance in the heats, securing the fifth place overall with a time of 3:21.22s. They have now qualified for the men’s 4x100m freestyle relay final.
- Women’s Relay Qualification: The Indian women’s swimming quartet, featuring Dhinidhi Desinghu, Shivangi Sarma, Vritti Agarwal, and Hashika Ramachandra, secured their place in the 4x200m freestyle relay final, posting a time of 8:39.64s and placing eighth overall in the heats. The final is scheduled for 6:36pm IST later today.
Day 5 of the Asian Games 2023 continued to captivate fans with outstanding performances and inspiring achievements, as India’s athletes continued to showcase their talent on the global stage.