Key Decisions from Uttarakhand Cabinet Meeting : In a recent cabinet meeting led by Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami, the Uttarakhand government approved significant decisions that encompass various sectors. The meeting aimed to address crucial issues and initiate reforms across the state.
One of the noteworthy decisions involved the formulation of a master plan for the Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail line, covering stations within a 400-meter radius. As part of the plan, a one-year construction ban was imposed to ensure careful urban development in the designated areas.
- Advertisement -
Several decisions were made to enhance social welfare, including unfreezing 195 posts for dependents of deceased individuals in roadways. Additionally, amendments were introduced to regulations concerning residential drains, petrol pump locations, and the Uniform Civil Code. The minimum distance from residential drains was increased to five meters, while petrol pumps were required to maintain a distance of 150 meters from rivers.
The cabinet meeting also addressed economic aspects, such as the expansion of the Employee Group Insurance Scheme. The scheme’s coverage was increased from Rs 100 to Rs 350, Rs 200 to Rs 700, and Rs 400 to Rs 1400. Furthermore, the insurance amounts were revised from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, and Rs 4 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
In a move towards administrative efficiency, the recruitment process for Group C posts was delegated to the Public Service Commission. This change applied to posts for deceased dependents as well, ensuring transparency and adherence to proper procedures.
Industrial procedures also witnessed a transformation, with the exclusive authority for approving industry maps now resting with SIDA (State Industrial Development Authority). This marked a departure from the previous system.
- Advertisement -
Under the Chief Minister Mahalaxmi Yojana, aimed at social upliftment, the government introduced changes to benefit Antyodaya and BPL card holders. These individuals would now receive one kilogram of salt per month at a subsidized rate of Rs 8 per kilogram.
Moreover, the meeting addressed issues related to veterinary hospitals, announcing outsourced recruitment in the Transport Nagar facility in Dehradun. The government committed to providing a mobile van for animals in every block of Uttarakhand, with the veterinary hospital retaining 75% of user charges and depositing the remaining 25% in the treasury.
In healthcare, modifications were made to the bond requirement for postgraduate students in medical colleges. To address the shortage of senior residents, students pursuing postgraduate studies would now be obligated to serve as senior residents for two years instead of one.
Other changes included the appointment of Chief Development Officers on a project basis, filling two vacant positions. The cabinet also expanded the scope of the Chief Minister Mahalaxmi Yojana, extending the provision of kits to both newborn boys and girls.
These decisions collectively reflect the government’s commitment to addressing a wide array of issues, fostering social welfare, and promoting sustainable development across Uttarakhand.