Free Aadhaar Card Updates : The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has responded to citizens’ needs by extending the deadline for free Aadhaar card updates, offering more time to ensure the accuracy and currency of their information. The original deadline of September 14 has now been extended to December 14.
In an official statement, UIDAI revealed, “To encourage greater participation in updating Aadhaar documents, we initially provided the option to update them for free through the myAadhaar portal until September 14.”
- Advertisement -
Due to the positive response from citizens, UIDAI has opted to extend this opportunity for an additional three months, enabling individuals to update their Aadhaar details without any cost from September 15 to December 14. This convenient process can be completed through the myAadhaar portal at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
UIDAI has also underlined the significance of individuals aged 10 years and above updating their information to maintain the accuracy of their demographic details, including their name, address, and information pertaining to marriage or death in the case of relatives.
Updating Aadhaar details can be performed free of charge via the UIDAI website or, for a nominal fee of Rs 25, at Common Services Centres (CSC).
- Advertisement -
Free Aadhaar Card Updates : For those interested in updating their address proof for free, here is a straightforward guide:
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Log in and select “Name/Gender/Date of Birth & Address Update.”
- Click on “Update Aadhaar Online.”
- Choose “address” from the list of demographic options and click “Proceed to Update Aadhaar.”
- Upload a scanned copy of your address proof and enter the necessary demographic information.
- Please note that, until December 14, no payment is required.
- Upon submission, a Service Request Number (SRN) will be generated for you to keep track of your status.
- After UIDAI completes its internal quality check, you will receive an SMS notification.
This extension of the deadline for free Aadhaar card updates offers citizens a valuable opportunity to ensure their information remains accurate and up-to-date, thereby contributing to the overall integrity of the Aadhaar system.
The Vital Role of Aadhaar Cards in India: A Comprehensive Overview
The Aadhaar card, issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), stands as a cornerstone of identification for Indian residents, wielding significant influence over government and private sector services. With its 12-digit alphanumeric identity, the Aadhaar card plays a pivotal role in the lives of citizens across the nation.
Here, we delve into key insights about the Aadhaar card and its profound significance:
1. Unique Identity: Each Aadhaar number is an exclusive identifier, intricately linked to an individual’s biometric and demographic particulars. These encompass crucial details like fingerprints, iris scans, a photograph, name, date of birth, gender, and address.
2. Compulsory for Essential Services: Aadhaar becomes a prerequisite for numerous government services and subsidies, including the Public Distribution System (PDS), LPG subsidies, and various welfare programs. Moreover, it is indispensable for actions such as opening bank accounts, filing income tax returns, and obtaining a mobile SIM card.
3. Voluntary for Certain Services: While Aadhaar mandates its use for specific services, there exist scenarios where it remains voluntary. Citizens retain the liberty of linking their Aadhaar to services like bank accounts and mobile numbers, depending on their preferences.
4. Robust Security Measures: UIDAI has erected stringent security protocols to safeguard Aadhaar data. Biometric information is rigorously encrypted and securely stored, bolstered by rigorous access controls and vigilant monitoring.
- Advertisement -
5. Online Accessibility: UIDAI extends the convenience of an online portal that furnishes various Aadhaar-related services. Cardholders can seamlessly update their particulars, monitor their Aadhaar status, and retrieve an e-Aadhaar copy from the official website.
6. Authentication for Verification: Aadhaar authentication empowers individuals to validate their identity by furnishing their Aadhaar number and biometric data, serving as a linchpin for KYC (Know Your Customer) procedures.
7. Privacy Enhancement: In a bid to fortify privacy and security, UIDAI introduced the Aadhaar Virtual ID (VID). This innovative feature can supplant the Aadhaar number for authentication, curtailing the exposure of the actual Aadhaar number.
8. Inclusive Coverage: Aadhaar cards extend to children, ensuring that even the youngest members of society possess a unique identity. Furthermore, non-resident Indians (NRIs) have the opportunity to secure an Aadhaar, provided they have resided in India for a stipulated duration.
9. Mobile Convenience: UIDAI caters to mobile users with the mAadhaar mobile app, granting the privilege of carrying a digital Aadhaar card on their smartphones. This enhancement augments convenience and accessibility.
10. Legal Framework: The Aadhaar Act of 2016 underpins the comprehensive legal framework for the issuance and utilization of Aadhaar numbers. The Supreme Court of India has not only upheld the constitutional validity of Aadhaar but has also imposed specific limitations on its application.
In summation, the Aadhaar card has revolutionized an array of processes and substantially curtailed identity fraud in India. It occupies a pivotal role as an indispensable identification document, perpetually evolving to align with the ever-changing needs of the nation’s citizens.
FAQ :- Free Aadhaar card updates
What will be the Extended deadline of Free Aadhaar card updates ?
The original deadline of September 14 has now been extended to December 14 .
What will be the Nominal Fees for Free Aadhaar card updates ?
Nominal Fees for Free Aadhaar card updates will be Rs 25 .