The much-anticipated moment of role allocation within the Uttarakhand BJP has finally arrived. Speculations regarding these appointments had been circulating even prior to Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami’s departure for London. There have been rumors that the Chief Minister had already provided directives to officials before embarking on his international journey.
Fueled by the positive response received from potential investors in London, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami decided to confer responsibilities even before his return to Dehradun. Late on Wednesday night, the government issued orders designating roles to ten senior BJP leaders. This significant development encompasses the appointment of presidents and five vice-presidents across various councils and institutions. Banshidhar Tiwari, Director General of Information, was entrusted with the responsibility of announcing these appointments.
This progression had been keenly awaited within the BJP, with speculations arising even before the Chief Minister’s London visit. Insider sources suggest that the Chief Minister had articulated his vision and instructions to officials prior to his overseas sojourn.
Mahendra Bhatt, the BJP state president, had hinted at the possibility of releasing the initial roster of responsibilities before the commencement of Pitru Paksha. The determination of roles as ministers and ministers of state will be decided at a subsequent date.
The aspirations of these distinguished leaders have now been fulfilled:
- Jyoti Prasad Gairola: Vice President, Twenty Point Program Implementation Committee (State Level)
- Ramesh Gadiya: Vice President, Uttarakhand State Level Watershed Council
- Madhu Bhatt: Vice President, Uttarakhand Sanskrit Literature and Arts Council
- Mufti Shamoon Qasmi: President, Uttarakhand Madrassa Education Council
- Balraj Pasi: President, Uttarakhand State Seed and Organic Products Certification Institute.
- Suresh Bhatt: Vice President, State Level National Rural Health and Monitoring Council
- Anil Dabbu: Chairman, Agricultural Production and Marketing Board (Mandi)
- Kailash Pant: Chairman, Uttarakhand State Advisory Labor Contract Board
- Shiv Singh Bisht: Vice Chairman, Prime Minister Rural Road Scheme State Level Monitoring Council
- Narayan Ram Tamta: President, Hariram Tamta Traditional Craft Development Institute
These appointments signify a significant stride in Uttarakhand’s political landscape, paving the way for further advancements in the state’s governance and administration.