World Cup News : The ICC ODI World Cup is on the horizon, scheduled to commence on October 5, and the cricketing world is buzzing with excitement as teams fine-tune their skills in warm-up matches. Amidst a plethora of talented players gracing the tournament, a select few have emerged as standout batsmen since the conclusion of the 2019 World Cup .
- Advertisement -
Here, we shine a spotlight on the top five cricketers who have left an indelible mark with their batting prowess in ODIs since the last World Cup:
1. Babar Azam – Pakistan’s Exceptional Leader: Leading the charge is Pakistan’s current captain, Babar Azam, who occupies the pinnacle in terms of centuries scored in ODIs since the conclusion of the 2019 ICC ODI World Cup. Babar Azam’s remarkable nine centuries in just 36 ODI matches during this period underscore his status as one of the most prolific run-scorers on the international stage.
2. Shai Hope – The West Indies Maestro: In second place stands Shai Hope, a seasoned campaigner in the West Indies cricket team. Hope’s incredible consistency with the bat is reflected in his tally of nine centuries since the 2019 World Cup. Regrettably, his team won’t participate in the 2023 World Cup.
3. Fakhar Zaman – Pakistan’s Explosive Opener: Fakhar Zaman, the swashbuckling opening batsman for the Pakistan cricket team, secures the third spot on this list. Since the 2019 ICC ODI World Cup, Zaman has been a powerhouse, notching up six centuries in just 34 ODIs.
- Advertisement -
4. Virat Kohli – India’s Run-Machine: The maestro of Indian cricket, Virat Kohli, asserts his presence as the fourth-highest century scorer in ODIs since the 2019 World Cup. Renowned for his unmatched consistency, Kohli has registered six centuries in 45 ODI matches during this period, reaffirming his ability to bounce back into form.
5. Shubman Gill – India’s Rising Star: Shubman Gill, often dubbed the Prince of Indian cricket, rounds up the top five. In his 33 ODI appearances, Gill has exhibited remarkable talent, accumulating six centuries since the 2019 World Cup. His emergence solidifies his status as one of India’s brightest young talents.
With the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 drawing closer, the spotlight will be firmly fixed on these exceptional batsmen, as cricket aficionados around the world eagerly anticipate whether they can maintain their remarkable form and guide their respective teams to glory on the grandest stage of them all.